Many people struggle with productivity. And digital nomads are no stranger to the challenges of staying productive at some point. Being unproductive does not make you a failure. But it may point to negative habits that could hinder you from accomplishing the things you set out to do. Staying productive even on days when you may feel unmotivated is doable. You just have to work on creating routines that help you make best use of your time. Here are some life hacks for more productive work.
1. Get organized. Organize personal stuff to create a work space with minimal distractions. Whatever you need for your work should be easy to find to avoid wasting time looking for it. Simple organization practices improve efficiency and productivity. Build a habit of decluttering and organizing your workspace every day.
2. Take control of your time. Figure out what your time wasters are and deal with them. Get rid of the time wasters you can eliminate and find ways to manage those that you can’t. Assess your daily habits. How much time do you spend checking emails or surfing the Internet? Think of all the distractions that tend to steal away your time and work out solutions on how you can avoid or limit them.
3. Start with the toughest or least appealing task. The more you put off things, the more time you waste delaying what you still need to accomplish. Procrastinating can stress you out. It could lead to needless pressures, especially when you have to work overtime to meet looming deadlines. Make a to-do list to plan your day ahead. Prioritize important tasks and tackle them first during your most productive hours.
4. Give yourself a break. A lot of people mistakenly think of breaks as a time waster when they are in a rush to finish something. Taking breaks, however, can boost your productivity. A brief break after an hour of focused work can reenergize you. It also eases the dullness or fatigue that can start building up after you spend time concentrating on a particular task.
5. Harness your self-motivation skills. Sustain your motivation using whatever method that works for you. You can reward yourself for completing important projects or tasks, visualize successful outcomes, or use affirmations to keep your enthusiasm when the going gets tough.
Creating habits that increase your productivity can help you perform more efficiently and effectively. Stay productive and take control of your hectic schedule by using strategies that can keep you focused and motivated finish the things you need to do.